Pediatric Patient with an Acute Injury and Post-operative Event
Instructions: In the virtual simulation, you assumed the role of the registered nurse in a hospital on a surgical unit. The following is a series of questions to guide your reflection on your simulation experience. The questions will help you express your reactions, analyze issues, reflect on your performance, and make connections to future clinical practice.
There are 7 questions to be answered. It will take you up to 60 minutes to complete the questions.
1. What was your emotional experience like while participating in this simulation?
2. What did you learn about an anti-racist approach to a nursing assessment?
3. What did you learn about assessing a pediatric patient, clinical deterioration, and hypovolemic shock?
4. How do you incorporate family members/care partners into the care of a pediatric patient?
5. Not everyone works their way through this scenario perfectly. What can you take away from the incorrect decisions/responses you may have made?
6. How will you apply what you have learned to your future clinical practice?
7. What questions remain unanswered for you in relation to this simulation?