Open Pedagogy in the Classroom
Some implications of open pedagogy for teaching, as discussed by participants at the March 2021 Open Pedagogy Workshop.
Open pedagogy has the potential to…
- Give more opportunities for students to recommend methodologies or areas for exploration, involving them in the process of learning
- Help students understand themselves and map their relationships to the world, this work could be done collaboratively
- Take the kind of work (like creating questions) that is usually more arts and humanities based and move it into a space that can be used for the sciences
- Build a more collaborative and balanced relationship between faculty and students
- Validate student experience and knowledge, give weight to student contributions