3. The European Superiority Complex
Upon completion of this module, we hope you have achieved the learning objectives below. Practice discussing these topics with your friends and/or community. Try to explain to a friend why European superiority and white supremacy exist and how they are sustained. As a reminder, these were the objectives shared in the introduction to this module:
- Describe European superiority and white supremacy and how they have been imposed on the world ideologically and structurally
- Critically assess the Myth of Meritocracy and how it shapes the economy and education
- Identify how global inequality and “development” are shaped by European superiority and white supremacy
- Analyze the trope of the white savior and reflect on how it shapes relations on a global scale
Prompts for reflection after you have fully completed the module on the European Superiority Complex:
- What stood out to you the most?
- What do you want to learn more about?
- What did you find the most difficult?
- How do you feel? Check in with your body. Why do you think you feel this way? What parts of this module made you feel differently?
Note: to access your reflection journal please review the introduction section of the European Superiority Complex module.