Module 4: Strategic Reading
The purpose of this module is to teach you how to manage your reading workload efficiently, and how to identify the key points in the articles you are including in your review.
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Identify the various components that should be present in a peer reviewed study.
- Evaluate the relevance of a study to your own context.
- Identify themes that are relevant to your own research questions.
- Identify the contribution that particular articles, books, and other scholarly pieces make to disciplinary knowledge.
- Recognize that a given scholarly work may not represent the only (or even the majority) perspective on the issue.