Chapter 10: Academic Integrity and Style Rules (APA 7th edition)
As per APA (2020), with articles in scholarly journals, you include:
- The author or authors’ names.
- Publication year.
- Article title (in sentence case, without quotation marks or italics).
- Journal title (in title case and in italics).
- Volume number (in italics) and issue number not italicized (in parentheses).
- Page number(s) where the article appears.
Here are some examples:
***NOTE: Don’t forget to double space the entry and use a hanging indent for the lines following the first line.
In addition to being updated to the APA (2020) 7th edition, the content from this page was adapted, with editorial changes and deletion of some examples, from:
Writing for Success 1st Canadian Edition by Tara Horkoff, licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted. Download for free at: https://opentextbc.ca/writingforsuccess/