Hypertension and Dyslipidemia
The following is a list of readings and resources to help supplement your learning in this module topic.
- Lane-Cordova AD, Jerome GJ, Paluch AE, Bustamante EE, LaMonte MJ, Pate RR, Weaver RG, Webber-Ritchey KJ, Barone Gibbs B; on behalf of the Committee on Physical Activity of the American Heart Association Council on Lifestyle and Cardiometabolic Health. Supporting physical activity in patients and populations during life events and transitions: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association. Circulation. 2022;145:e117–e128. doi: 10.1161/CIR.0000000000001035
- Lichtenstein AH, Appel LJ, Vadiveloo M, Hu FB, Kris-Etherton PM, Rebholz CM, Sacks FM, Thorndike AN, Van Horn L, Wylie-Rosett J; on behalf of the American Heart Association Council on Lifestyle and Cardiometabolic Health; Council on Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology; Council on Cardiovascular Radiology and Intervention; Council on Clinical Cardiology; and Stroke Council. 2021 Dietary guidance to improve cardiovascular health: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association. Circulation. 2021;144:e472–e487. doi: 10.1161/CIR.0000000000001031
- Heart and Stroke Foundation: Position Statement: Access to affordable, health and nutritious food (PDF).
- Canadian Cardiovascular Society eGuidelines: Dyslipidemia – Health Behaviour Interventions.
- Canadian Cardiovascular Society Pocket Guides
- American Heart Association – Guidelines and Statements
- UBC Cardiovascular Imaging Research Core Lab : CardioRisk Calculator