Module 6: 2SLGBTQIA+ and Transgender Inclusion
Congratulations on completing this short course on the introduction of concepts and ideas on equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) within the work context! We hope you have learned your rights and responsibilities in the workplace as new professionals embarking on your post-graduate journeys.
We hope you have come away from this short course with an understanding that these topics covered are the first steps in the ongoing unlearning and learning process to addressing and responding to issues of discrimination and becoming active participants in integrating equity into their professional and personal lives.
Below are the learning outcomes for this that we shared with you in the Introduction section. Please take some time to review the list and see how many outcomes you achieved.
By completing this short course, you should now be able to:
- Recognize laws and definitions/theories of genders and sexualities.
- Differentiate between the terms under sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression.
- Recognize the barriers that 2SLGBTQIA+ and non-binary people face within the workplace.
- Identify respectful and affirming language as well as challenge homophobic and transphobic language and behaviour.
- Identify strategies to make the environment safe and inclusive for queer, Two-Spirit and Trans people.