Chapter 6: Knowledge Integration
Case Study 1: Adult Client (continued)
Vital Sign Measurements
0800 hours, May 1, 2018
- Temperature 37.9°C tympanic
- Pulse Lying 92 bpm (radial)
- regular rhythm, force 1+, weak and thready, equal radial pulses
- RR 22 bpm irregular rhythm
- BP lying 122/78 mm Hg
- 02 saturations 96%
0802 hours, May 1, 2018
- Pulse sitting 110 bpm (radial)
- BP sitting 112/72 mm Hg
0804 hours, May 1, 2018
- Pulse standing 120 bpm (radial)
- BP standing 98/68 mm Hg
Questions to Reflect On
- Which findings are considered abnormal for this adult client? What medical terminology is used to define/label these findings?
- What further assessment should the healthcare provider do based on this adult client’s findings?
- What actions should the healthcare provider take based on this adult client’s findings?
Go to the next page to check your answers.