Book Title: Professional Web Accessibility Auditing Made Easy
Subtitle: Essential Skills for Web Developers, Content Creators, and Designers
Book Description: Digital accessibility skills are in high demand, as the world becomes more aware of barriers in digital content that prevent some people from participating in a digital society. These are essential skills for web developers, and essential knowledge for organizations that want to ensure their web content is reaching the broadest audience possible.
This book will help readers develop the skills and knowledge needed to evaluate websites, web content, and web applications for compliance with international web accessibility requirements. These requirements help ensure that people with disabilities are able to participate fully on the Web.
- Chapter 1 Aspects of Web Accessibility Auditing
- Chapter 2 Introduction to WCAG 2
- Chapter 3 Automated Review Tools
- Chapter 4 Manual Testing Strategies
- Chapter 5 Assistive Technology Testing
- Chapter 6 Introduction to User Testing
- Chapter 7 Web Accessibility Reporting
- Chapter 8 Other Accessibility Standards
This book is made up of an Introductory Unit, plus 8 chapters with a variety of readings, hands-on activities, and a short unmarked self-test.
Though there are no prerequisites knowledge required to benefit from this book, in order to make the best out of their learning experience, it is recommended that readers have:
- Some previous familiarity with WCAG 2.0
- Working knowledge of HTML
Professional Web Accessibility Auditing Made Easy Copyright © 2019 by Digital Education Strategies, The Chang School is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.