Module 9: Interactive Fiction/Twine Workshop
The Maker Spotlight in this module features Kaitlin Tremblay, a game designer from Toronto. Kaitlin has worked in both and indie game development and is currently the lead narrative designer at Capybara (Capy) Games.
Content Warning: Please note this video touches on eating disorders, abusive relationships, and death from violence
The transcript of Kaitlin’s video can be read at this link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BZmy8Pt4uBsZIxuVWQbJMVadsq98rSoHXccmtxMwHtg/edit?usp=sharing
The transcript of Kaitlin’s video with visual description can be read at this link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_UQfK-fHI4TT1bTi0PFaDN8nvCVcaey_Gp2iMIy8KXw/edit?usp=sharing
After the interview, answer the following questions:
- What is Kaitlin’s relationship with digital media?
- How does Kaitlin use game design to explore trauma, abuse, and grief?
- What advice does Kaitlin offer for marginalized people who are interested in getting into game design?
- What did you learn from the interview?
- What do you want to learn more about from this interview? What made you curious?
- Did any of Kaitlin’s insights resonate with your own experiences?
high-profile, high-budget "blockbuster" games typically produced by large and well-known game publishers.