Chapter 12: What Have I Accomplished? Conclusion and Final Assessment
Once you’ve revised the digital version of your essay, print it. Do one last check: ensure that you have a title page if your citation style requires it; ensure that your name and the page number is on each page; ensure that you have your Works Cited /References at the end of your essay; lastly, make sure that you staple or paperclip it all together if submitting in hard copy.
Congratulations! You are finished your essay and ready to submit! Before you submit your essay, spend just a few moments reflecting on your writing and the progress you’ve made. Think back to the first writing that you did for this course.
- In what ways do you think you’ve most improved?
- What do you think is the most important skill to have when writing academically?
- What do you think is the most important skill to have when reading academically?
- What skills are you most likely to carry into writing in your other courses?
- How much time did you spend writing? In what stage of writing did you spend your most time?
- How much time did you spend editing? In what stage of editing did you spend your most time?
- What would you like to improve about your writing going forward?
- What is the one thing you would recommend to a first-year university student about writing academically?
Once you’ve thought about these questions, make sure to take some time to relax and celebrate. You’ve worked incredibly hard and made a lot of improvements! What you’ve done is a major accomplishment and you should celebrate it as such!